Saturday, March 12, 2016 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
University of Missouri – Fisher Delta Research Center
147 W. State Highway T, Portageville, MO 63873
For questions contact: C.J. Plassmeyer, Missouri Department of Natural Resources at 573-751-0616
or visit: http://www.dnr.mo.gov/env/hwp/pesticide for future collection sites and dates.
Accepting all pesticides including: herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, rodenticides, dewormers, fl y tags and fertilizer containing pesticides. Pesticides from businesses will not be accepted.
Free pesticide collection for Missouri farmers and households
New for 2016: Collecting empty,
triple-rinsed pesticide containers-up
to 30 gallons in size (must be dry and
How to Safely Transport Your Waste Pesticides
• Wear nitrile or chemical resistant gloves when handling waste pesticides
• Do not smoke while handling or transporting pesticides
• Avoid bringing children or pets to the collection site
• Keep waste pesticides in original containers
• Do not mix unwanted pesticides with other materials, like used motor oil or antifreeze
• Label materials that are not in original containers
• Make sure lids are tightly sealed
• If the container is leaking, place the container into a larger container with a nonfl
ammable absorbent, such as clay-based cat box fi ller, to absorb any possible leaks
• Secure waste pesticides upright in a cardboard box during transport
• Transport waste pesticides in the back of a pickup truck, trailer or car trunk
• Keep fl ammables out of direct sunlight and away from sources of heat
The hazardous waste contractor will unload the waste pesticides from your vehicle at the
collection event. Please stay in your vehicle until the contractor asks for your assistance.