Missouri, New Madrid County, Dealer Fieldman/Agronomist:
Date of report: 11/11
- Percent picked: 15%
- Average yield: 700 to 1,100 lbs/acre
- What helped this season?: Late summer and fall temperatures, plenty of moisture, improving varieties.
- What hurt this season?: Delayed planting, plus three straight weeks of rainy, cloudy and cool weather during the summer.
- Do differently next year?: Plant earlier if possible and plant only that cotton which is tied to gins.
- How are other crops turning out?: Corn was the best ever, early soybeans were good. Late soybeans on heavy dirt were terrible. Rice is good.